Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Faith like a child

I wrote my mission letter recently and sent it out to close friends and family. One thing I added to my letter  was an idea I got from attending my cousin's church. I sent each person 2 bandaids. These aren't just any band-aids... these band-aids are special because they have been prayed over by many different people. I prayed over them before I sent them out and then asked for everyone to pray over them as well and send just one back to me. I will take the prayed over band-aids with me to Uganda to use at the clinic. I thought this was so special when I went to church with Desi, Shane and the girls a few weekends back. (Their children's minister had each child take two band-aids, they said a prayer together and then the kiddos gave one back to send with some missionaries that belong to their church.) A few days after my letter went out, Desi told me that her oldest daughter E had decided to be a missionary when she grew up. E and Desi continued to have a conversation about how she wanted to be a missionary to deliver band-aids to people. Desi informed her that being a missionary isn't just about delivering band-aids to people, but about delivering the Good News of Jesus to people. If you know E, even just a bit, you know that she was even more hooked. This child has the biggest faith of almost anyone I know... I know that might sound crazy, but she truly gets Jesus' sacrifice and truly gets His Love. She is FOUR and she has more faith than some grown people I know... at times, she has more faith than I even do. I pray that one day she can go out into the world and share Jesus' name with people all over the world. I also pray that I will have faith like this child and will continue to trust in Him. I can't wait to deliver band-aids for her and most importantly, for Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment