Saturday, March 3, 2012

my goal

I had my first Uganda Mission training last Tuesday!! 
It was exciting to meet everyone. I had been eerily calm about not knowing anyone going on this mission trip. Like I've said earlier- this is completely NOT like me. I need to be surrounded by people I know to feel comfortable. So, obviously, this is a total God thing. Well 2 new spots opened up and now... my friend Abby is going with! I've known Abby since my freshman year at A&M. I am so thankful she is going on this journey. 
We talked about a few more details... one being that we will be staying in Jinja, Uganda and working at a near by village. We will mostly be playing with kids and working in the clinic to serve the Lord. Our travel company is letting us take three 50 pound bags with us. One is for us and the other 2 will be for supplies for kids and the clinic. Super exciting!!!!

My goal: I am at about $3,420... WOAH! This is so crazy! I sent out about 59 letters to friends and family. This is hearing back from about 22 people. God is so good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment