Friday, January 20, 2012

Life Changing Things

There have been some life changing things going on in my life recently. So, here's all about it! One of my biggest desires is to live a life for the Lord; to be the person he created me to be and also follow Him in all situations.

Missions
For a few years now, I have felt a tugging at my heart to do some sort of mission work to spread the joy of Jesus. At First Wednesday in December (at my church) we met the Segner family, a sweet couple who was moving their lives to a 3rd world country to serve God, instantly, I knew that through prayer I could be right along with them. On Sunday at church, we were informed about a mission trip to Uganda to assist the Segners in any need they might have. I felt a huge urge to stand up and say, "take me." I called my mom after church and told her how strong my interest was in going.. I asked her to be open minded and to pray for me that the will of God be done. Surprisingly, she was extremely open-minded. I spent the next few days in prayer about what choice I should make. On Wednesday, I went to the informational and knew that it was where I was being called to go and help. I went to write my deposit check and realized that I had written my last check for 2 Mary Kay products... UGH. Please don't let this be a sign! So, I told them that I knew for sure God was telling me I was meant to be part of the team and they added me to the list. On Thursday, I left school right after duty and went straight to the church to drop off my check. I spent the next 30 minutes talking with some people I knew in my church (but had never met) who were also going on the trip. I can't even explain how I feel.. it is both surreal and I'm completely speechless. (I can't put into words the magnitude of blessings I feel for being given this opportunity. I already feel changes happening in my heart and I already feel the Holy Spirit guiding me through this process.) After leaning the church, I went home where I regularly check the mail first thing. I sat in my car opening mail and opened one card that was a thank you card... inside the card was a check for the exact amount of money I had to put down as my deposit. WOAH! He really is guiding me already... and I don't feel worthy... Here is a picture of some kiddos from the village that I will be serving.

The website is www.healingfaithuganda.org if you want some more information.

If you're the praying kind- please pray for my heart, the heart of those I will come into contact with, and that I will be able to raise the $4,000 I need to fly to Uganda on July 9th!

No comments:

Post a Comment