Tuesday, January 31, 2012

my momma's birthday.


Saturday was my mom's birthday. She turned 29. Someone she works with gave her these awesome glasses. My mom is, in my world, the best woman alive. She is compassionate, empathetic, and always willing to listen. She let's me make mistakes and is always there to listen and give advice when I'm ready to talk. She is the most amazing MOM... EvEr. 
 
My mom and I went shopping after her birthday dinner... When we got home, my dad had cut up strawberries and STAYED awake for a birthday dessert. (He really is a great dad too!)

Friday, before leaving for Beaumont, my bestie Jacque and I went to dinner and then ran around town- just basically enjoying each others company. We started a bootcamp on Tuesday and Thursday's work out was ROUGH! Our legs were SOOOOOOOO sore. I mean to the point that a small step made us hurt. Jacque was telling me about this contraption that runners use to work their muscles out when they are sore... we found one at Target, she showed me how it worked. There are some people that God puts in your life for a reason. God has blessed me with this girl and her family. She explained to some of her kids today that we were "sistas," very true because she is the kind of friend that I can be with and we don't even need to talk for us to have fun. I think I'll keep her around for a while. She's one of my all time favorites. 

(See the pain on her face?)

 We had so much fun at Target. We didn't even get kicked out. 
 Sunday was my sweet friend Penny's baby shower. Summer and I were part of the group to throw the shower. Here are a couple of pictures. 
 Preggo Penny
 The ladies: Summer, me, Chelsea, Penny, Jayne, and Kat.

No comments:

Post a Comment